February 3, 2020
Another year is upon us. Heck, another decade is here. With planning season coming to a close and budgets set for the coming year, it’s time to start moving from hypothetical investments to real ones. If you’re like many businesses, you may be wondering where the rest of the business world is heading. Well, you’re in luck. We recently completed a survey to answer this exact question.
Today, in anticipation of our Business Software Technology Outlook webcast and survey, we’ve compiled some early results of what’s on the horizon.
Preliminary Results Point to More Cloud, More Transformation
Throughout the winter, the Business Software Education Center surveyed hundreds of executives from across the nation to learn about the technology decisions, strategic initiatives, and plans for the coming year and decade. This simple survey brought together respondents from across industries, geographic locations, and roles and provided a variety of important takeaways:
- Investment in Technology on the Rise: Repeating on our mid-year sentiment study, more than four in five executives expect to maintain or increase their technology investment for the coming year, with 55% planning on an increased investment.
- Companies are Valiantly Progressing through Digital Transformation: Digital transformation is a complex journey. Though many experience pitfalls, a majority of organizations have made strides in the past year and will continue to forge ahead in 2020. Knowing this, one in five haven’t started, putting them at a serious disadvantage against those who have taken steps. Looking to learn more? Download our free digital transformation mistakes guide to learn what to avoid.
- Companies Exploring a Diverse Range of Software Products: Respondents to the outlook survey were incredibly candid about their software initiatives, providing us with a wide range of answers when asked about their specific investments for the coming year. From the necessary update to Windows 10 to the implementation of finance and ERP solutions, the technology landscape looks to be increasingly diverse in the coming years.
Want to learn more? Looking to be the first to receive our full outlook report? Mark your calendars, we will be presenting our take on the outlook survey in an upcoming webcast scheduled for February 18.
Join Us on February 18 for Business Technology Outlook Webcast
If you’re looking to learn even more about the plans, investment strategies, and outlook for companies like yours, we invite you to join us on February 18, 2020 for a webinar exploring the trends and plans for the coming year.
Moderated by Chief Analyst at the Business Software Education Center Jory Weissman, this webcast will present a variety of insights on what the survey results mean for companies on their digital transformation journeys, as well as discuss best practices when investing in technology.
Additionally, attendees will receive a free copy of the 2020 Business Technology Outlook Report.
- Name: 2020 Business Technology Outlook – Webcast
- Date: February 18, 2020
- Time: 1:00 PM EST
- Registration Link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3890313335798517261
In the path to creating a digitally transformed business, much of your focus should be on the technology that can get you there. As we discuss in our whitepaper on your possible mistakes, digital transformation is built on the following backbone.read more
If you’ve kept your resolution going so far, congratulations! If you’ve been following our digital transformation mistake series, you’ll know that resolutions and digital transformations are surprisingly similar. Learn how taking too big of a bite at the beginning of a digital transformation is a mistake.read more
Stay Up to Date With The Latest News
Meet Our Sponsor
With an experienced and dedicated team of IT service providers and software consultants, MIBAR provides customers with a one-stop shop for all of their business technology needs.
Join Our Newsletter
Get the latest information and resources on business technology.
Follow us on social media to stay up to the date with the lastest content.